Appointments can be booked/cancelled in person, by telephone or online (via patient access). You can book appointments for the same day or up to 4 weeks in advance. Our reception staff are trained to ask you certain questions to direct you the the most appropriate clinician. Urgent cases are usually seen during the same surgery (the urgency of the case will be assessed by the doctor or Advanced nurse practitioner speaking with the patient). Where possible, we will try to arrange an appointment with a preferred doctor but please acknowledge that some of our GP's have other commitments including management of the practice, teaching and development of local health authorities. This may affect their clinic times, so please familiarise yourself with our GP's and AMP.
If you would like a chaperone during your consultation, please ask at reception or during your consultation with the doctor.
Appointment slots are 10 minutes so please remember that if you have several problems, you may need more than one appointment.
If you wish to speak to a doctor on the telephone, a doctor will be available to speak to you Monday – Friday, between 12:00 – 13:00. You can make an appointment for this by contacting reception.
Help us Help You
* Where possible, book ahead.
* If you no longer need an appointment, kindly cancel it. We provide one of the best access levels in our area but we can only continue to provide this service if people cancel unwanted appointments.
* Acknowledge that Monday surgeries are busier and the demand for appointments is higher.
* Be prepared to be flexible about which doctor you see.
Do You Need to See the Doctor?
If your appointment is relating to any of the following, we may be able to help you without you coming in to the surgery:
* Sick Note
* Repeat Prescription Requests
* Obtaining Test Results
* Minor Ailments